Are you looking to get more involved with your community?
Are you passionate about big issues like the environment, climate change and social justice?
Are you interested in deepening your own personal development and learning new skills and sharing what you know?
If this sounds like you, you might be what we are looking for!
About Transition Bondi
We are a community group, based on the principles of the global Transition Towns movement. We run monthly events, and occasional workshops, such as our popular Film & Feast, Education nights, a monthly Dig Day at our community garden and a Farmers’ Market stall for free bike tune-ups and training, and Inner Transition, fostering self-care and group resilience.
Transition Bondi brings people together to share, learn, and be active in creating a more sustainable community and world. We believe that addressing the big issues of our time, from food security to dependence on fossil fuels, starts at the local level: here in Bondi.
About the role
The primary tasks in this role would involve Transition Bondi’s Trybooking, Facebook event entries, general marketing material design, support and creating graphic images. This role would require about 2 hours per week.
It is essential you have experience working with digital platforms and Microsoft Office. If you have skills in Photoshop and Illustrator that would be great, but not essential. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to be trained in the graphic design field by our senior graphic designer.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with digital platforms and Microsoft Office (essential)
- Basic knowledge in graphic design, Photoshop and Illustrator (desirable)
- Basic knowledge in social media platform Facebook and Instagram
- Good communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and patience as the organisation is run entirely by volunteers with diverse backgrounds and experience
- The attitude of willingness to learn
- And is available at least 2 hours per week
The successful candidate will receive training on Trybooking, Facebook event entry, graphic design and Adobe software.