Become a Transition Bondi Community Garden Volunteer!
(Ideally, up to 2 hous a week)
Become a member of our Community Garden volunteer team and play a role in nurturing and maintaining our flourishing organic garden. You’ll meet new friends, learn abot permaculture and help foster while a strong sense of community and connection.
As a Transition Bondi Community Garden Volunteer, you will:
- Contribute to the upkeep of the garden by planting, weeding, watering, and harvesting in accordance with the garden’s planting plan and schedule.
- Embrace eco-friendly practices by participating in composting, water conservation, and other sustainable gardening techniques.
- Work with other volunteers, sharing ideas, experiences, and expertise to enhance the garden’s beauty and function.
- Help maintain the seed library.
- Be rewarded by the joy of watching things grow and sampling crops.
- Be dependable and punctual, and commit to a few hours a week.
- Some physical activity such as digging, kneeling and emptying compost bins is involved, but only to a level you are comfortable with.
Everyone is welcome (including supervised children) and no experience, just a willingness to muck in, get your hands dirty and learn.
We supply all gardening tools, including gloves.
Transition Bondi holds a regular Garden Bee on the second Sunday of the month, as well as weekly sessions in our main garden and smaller laneway gardens.
Join us in cultivating a thriving, beautiful community garden that brings people together and contributes to a healthier, happier environment. By becoming a Community Garden Volunteer, you’re not only nurturing plants but also cultivating a stronger sense of community. Apply today and let’s grow together!
*Note that there is no pressure for you to complete a certain number of hours. You can do more or less depending on how much you can commit considering your life/work commitments.
To apply, please click apply below telling us why you would like to volunteer with us and what you can bring to the community group. If you have any questions contact: [email protected].