Become a Transition Bondi Volunteer with the Mend & Remake Team
Passionate about sustainability, fashion, and reducing waste? Join our Mend & Remake program and teach how to repair and refashion clothing, breathe new life into garments, promote our local circular economy.
Ideal time commitment per month: 2.5. hr per event (incl set up and clean up) + 3 hr/madmin
Role and Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead monthly Mend & Remake sessions in the Bondi area.
- Show hand and machine sewing repair skills to group, (eg hemming, patches, button/zip replacement, seams, simple remodelling,)to transform clothing items.
- Foster a friendly atmosphere, making all participants feel valued.
- Assist with basic admin tasks, maintaining online communication and mailing list..
- Share your enthusiasm for Transition Bondi’s mission.
Ideally, you would be:
- A confident, creative person of any age, with a hands-on approach and great sewing and communications skills.
- Sewing machine and sewing kit essential.
- Passion for sustainability and environmental awareness and interest in Transition Bondi’s mission.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop sewing, communication, and admin skills.
- Reduce clothing waste and promote sustainable fashion.
- Connect with like-minded individuals in an environmental group.
- Experience the satisfaction of community-driven change.
Join Us: Transform fashion, reduce waste, and be part of a global movement.
If you are interested in this volunteer role, email us at [email protected] and tell us why you would like to volunteer with us and the skills you have that would make you successful in this role.
Learn more about the Transition movement: