SWEET POTATO COCONUT CURRY SOUP
Ingredients Serves 4
· 1 medium onion (diced)
· 4 cloves garlic (minced)
· 1 large sweet potato (cubed)
· 2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
· 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
· 3/4 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp black pepper
· 3 cups coconut milk
· 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas or a 400g can
· 3 Tbsp olive oil
· 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
· 1/4 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp ginger powder
· 1 pinch cayenne powder
· Sprouted fenugreek seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Toss chickpeas in olive oil and spices and spreading evenly on a baking sheet.
3. Bake chickpeas for 25-30 minutes or until crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside. Remove and set aside for serving. These are delicious as a topping on many other dishes or as a snack.
4. Sweat the onions in a large pot over medium heat in 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Cook for a few minutes and then add garlic and stir.
5. Season with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and stir. Add sweet potatoes, curry powder, cayenne) and stir.
6. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Add 1/4 tsp more salt and pepper and the coconut milk then cover.
8. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes more.
9. At the end of 25 minutes, season to taste. Puree and keep heat on low until ready to serve.